Even though I’ll be spending my New Year “weekend” at home, I decided to list my top five new year’s events going on this year, leading us all into 2008. Who knows, maybe Eggs will be feeling saucy and buy me an all expenses paid trip to one of these shows. I thank you in advance Eggs. Here they are…..
1. Yonder Mountain String Band- The Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO.
Call me crazy, but I’m kind of biased towards these guys, especially when there on multi-night runs. This will be their third night in the Mile High City.
Click to view the rest of the list
2. Widespread Panic- Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA.
Atlanta sounds good to me this time of year, considering it’s 20 degrees here. And with Panic there, it’s music to my ears. ‘Aint Life Grand!
3. Split Lip Rayfield w/ special guests Truckstop Honeymoon- The Bottleneck, Lawrence, KS.
Split Lip always offers up a good show, but I’m just curious to see how the band is after the quattro was made into a trio with the early passing of guitarist Kirk Rundstrom, on February 22, 2007. Long live Split Lip.
4. Wu-Tang Clan- Roseland Theater, Portland, OR.
Check out my gravel pit. The RZA. The GZA. Need I say more. Wu Tang Clan ‘aint nothin to fuck with.
5. Cornerstone Dub- Bob’s Tavern, Lincoln, NE.
A great local band in my neck of the woods which would be the most likely option for me. These guys mix it up with a little rock/ska/reggae action. And it’s a free show. What nice guys, huh?
Keep it Toasty folks,